Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dietitian!

So I broke down and went to see a dietitian.  I'm glad I went, although I've done a lot of research on the proper diet for weight loss, seeing a dietitian helped me understand how my body was working and how some things were not working in my favor because of issues beyond my control. I've understood the following:

PCOS (polysystic ovarian syndrome).  While I understood the issues behind how this affects my infertility, I never really grasped how it affected my weight loss, I knew the symptoms but just didn't really grasp it.  I mean when you've been heavy pretty much all your life you just kinda learn to deal with it and think there are not underlying issues behind it, I'm just "big boned" so I thought. I learned how my insulin levels affect the way carbs and sugars are digested and that it's gonna take some work for me to lose these lbs....but it will be done. I've learned that I pretty much need to eat like a diabetic to shed these lbs.

So here is a sample of what my meals for the days should look like...its based on 1800 calorie diet.

Breakfast
1 cup (cooked) oatmeal
1 banana
10-12 almonds
1 cup of skim milk

Lunch
Turkey Sandwich: 2 slices of whole wheat bread, 3 oz (roughly 3 to 4 slices of turkey), 1 tsp mayo, lettuce and tomato.
1 cup of veggies
1 cup of nonfat fruit

Snack:
1 hard boiled egg
6-8 whole grain crackers
1 small apple

Dinner:
4 oz baked or grilled chicken
1/2 cup brown rice
2 cups salad + 1 cup additional veggies
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup berries

Snack:
15 frozen grapes
10-12 almonds


THAT's a lot of food, I can't imagine how to get this all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment