Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Backup Plan

Today we had our first offical snow day.  Now it didn't snow bad but it was bitterly cold outside, which made me not really wanna get out and get to my boxing class, plus my workout buddy worked from home today and didn't plan on driving that far to go to Title, so my motivation was even lower to go.  In the past I would have chalked this up as a rest day. But today something in me was different today.  I started to lay down and flip through channels  and chill out, but all of a sudden I had the urge to get up and do something.  If my treadmill was there I would have just gone and ran which would have been an easy out (not the workout, just the availability). So I had to do something, I was determined to get some kind of workout in.  Thank God for On Demand! I ended up doing a 60 min cardio workout that was really challenging (mountain climbers, superman, bear crawls, boxing) and I ended up doing a 10 min ab workout. 

You have to have a backup plan and you have to be able to be flexible, which is so hard for me.  I am a classic routine person, and when I get out of my routine sometimes I don't know how to act. I usually chose the easy out which is doing nothing and resting and being lazy.  So day by day I am learning, growing and getting stronger.  The devil is a lie...I am standing on His promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment