Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

True Fat Girl Moment and Revelation

So yesterday I had to attend an all day meeting, which threw me off  my schedule. Because I work from home, I didn't prepare my normal smoothie for breakfast or juice for lunch.  So late morning needless to say I was starving.  So on the break I went to the snackshop and picked up my favorite snack (Gardetto's special request rye chips) which in my first thought wasn't too bad of a snack (it wasn't chips or cookies).   When I got back up to my meeting, I looked at another person who also skinny challenged (nice way to say fat), and her desk and snack was the exact same as mine.  Right then it dawned on me.  Why the heck did I chose that option? Why the heck didn't I chose something better for myself, instead I chose something that was good too me not good for me.  This is the mind of a fat girl.  I didn't plan accordingly and as soon as I got outside my routine I went buck wild! I gotta make better choices, I use every opportunity I can to eat outside of what I should be eating. So I put the rye chips down and said no more madness.  I looked at all the small people in the meeting and they didn't have a snack like mine, there was an apple, a cheese slice, nothing like my rye chips.  I gotta do better, I have to start thinking like a small person if I ever want to be a small person.

I have to be accountable for myself, my actions and choices.  If I don't do right, how am I going to expect great results. Please! So while this is a rough jouney day by day I am learning more and more, and although the pounds are dropping off my mind is getting stronger.

Saying Goodbye!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent revelation! "small" stuff we don't think twice about are actually major reasons why we are "skinny challenged" (lol, love that) I noticed that small people don't eat ALL of their food and they eat slow. Totally opposite of how I eat. Thus, they probably recognize being full alot sooner (and alot less calories) than I do. Great post!

    ReplyDelete