Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

4 Weeks

So it's been exactly 4 weeks since I started my blog and decided to get my life back on track.  4 weeks ago I weighed 264.4.  Today I weighed in at 258.  So I am trying to process how I feel about the 6.4 lb weight loss.  Even though I told myself I wouldn't make any goals my mind really didn't allow that. So I told myself it would be nice to lose at least 10 lbs a month.  Why do I do this to myself. I sabotage myself even when I set out to have realistic goals.  So enough with the madness!

Average healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week (translation..4-8 lbs a month)...so I ended up somewhere in the middle.  So I am happy about this.  I am doing something, still juicing and having my morning smoothies.  Dinner is good Sunday-Thurs.  So there are improvements to be made, however I'll take what I can get as long as its realistic.

Usually this is the stage I get discouraged, and feel like it's never gonna happen.  Why do I need these quick results, it took me 4 years to get a degree, 2 more to get a higher degree, 5 years to get married, 5 years to get to a comfortable pay, 5 years to pay off my car, and its taking me forever to get pregnant.  It seems like the best rewards or end results take time, so why the heck am I gonna try to rush this.  I have a friend who's been on the weight lose trail (see Determined to Lose) for 3 years, so again why do I think Imma be skinny that fast.  Enough with the unrealistic expectations.  If statistics prove healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds who am I to go against that, I'm not supernatural.  So I end this with.  Wahoo, Hahah, Yeah baby.  I'm dropping these pounds, and I'm feeling good about it!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOHOOOOO! Congrats on the weight loss. I'm SUPER happy for you and you've worked hard for this. Hang in there my friend. I love how you compared it to all your other major life events, none of them happening overnight. Major things take major time!
    Thanks for the s/o and yep been at this for a while now and still have to tell myself to CHILL OUT! Love you lots! Thanks for all of your support and inspiration my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete